The only way that we can help is ... when the community gets involved. We have a number of volunteer opportunities that each offer a rewarding way to give back to your community. They range from being a Professional Crisis Intervention Volunteer through to helping us fundraise and even sitting on our Board of Directors.
Volunteer Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements and successfully complete our mandatory training to become part of the team. The minimum requirements are as follows:
- Minimum of 21 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Must reside within the Haldimand/ Norfolk/ New Credit Regions
- Submit to a Canadian Police information check (CPIC)
- Must possess a valid class “G” license, insurance
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Able to commit to one year of service
- Demonstrated ability to cope in stressful or crisis situations
- Effective communications skill
- Respect for confidentiality and personal beliefs
Volunteer Crisis Responders are required to provide 2-3, 12 hour shifts per month. Each team of two volunteers is supported by a volunteer Team Leader who is on call 24-7 to receive police request for on-scene and telephone support.
Volunteer Reference Check